Friday, November 21, 2014

Another Book?! Surprise!!!

Some of you who follow me on Facebook have been wondering what I've been working on this past week -- I've been dropping hints, teasing away, and just plain having fun with you as I prepared for this announcement! :-)

You might recall a few posts last spring/summer about how I was working on a Regency (think early 19th century/Jane Austen) book for middle-grade {9-12-year-old} girls. Well, it's ready to be revealed!

This holiday season, I am so excited to have you meet JEMIMA SUDBURY, an eleven-year-old spunky girl from the fictional town of Brooksford.

My goals in writing the series "The Regency Adventures of Jemima Sudbury" are:
1. To introduce middle-grade girls to how life really might have been for historical children their own age through age-appropriate literature. All efforts have been made to ensure historical authenticity.
2. To affirm the Christian values of their families
3. To inspire wholesome imagination and creativity.

AND HERE IS THE COVER - featuring my favorite eldest niece! :-) {More on its creation to come soon!}


AND THE BACK COVER, TOO:


RELEASING THURSDAY, NOVEMBER 27, 2014 - THANKSGIVING DAY!

I'm so excited to share yet another tale with you - and this time, with your children, too!

{If you're too excited to wait, here's the Kindle pre-order link: http://amzn.com/B00PXB7X60}

Grace and peace,
Alicia

{I might share this post with these blogs: Strangers and Pilgrims, The Modest MomWhat Joy is Mine, Yes They Are All Ours, Missional Call, A Mama's Story, Mom's the Word, Rich Faith Rising, Time Warp Wife, Cornerstone Confessions, Mom's Morning Coffee, So Much at Home, Raising Homemakers, Hope in Every SeasonA Wise Woman Builds Her Home, Woman to Woman Ministries, Whole-Hearted Home, A Soft Gentle Voice, My Daily Walk in His Grace, Messy Marriage, My Teacher's Name is Mama, The Charm of Home, Graced Simplicity, Children Are A Blessing, Mittenstate Sheep and Wool, Imparting Grace, Homestead Lady, Deborah Jean's Dandelion House, Preparedness Mama, A Look at the Book, Essential Thing Devotions, Count My Blessings, Beauty Observed, Christian Mommy Blogger, Serenity You, Renewed Daily, Sunday Stillness, The Beauty in His Grip, Tales of a Kansas Farm Mom.}

1 comment:

  1. Yay for another release!!! I will have to share this with my younger sister - it may be something she'd finally enjoy (she doesn't really care for reading). :)
    Congrats Alicia!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting ... Feedback is always helpful! {All comments are moderated and may take a short while to display.}