Friday, September 11, 2015

September: First Friday (A Week Late!)

Yes, I know! :-)
It's not a "first Friday"! I'm a week late - but better late than never? ;-)

What am I looking forward to? What am I doing now?

THE SENSES
Scents: The smell of burning leaves in barrels; the aroma of my mom's apple pie baking in the oven; the new crispness of the air as it enters my lungs.
Sounds: The crackle of fallen leaves under my feet; the honking of Canada geese as they gather to fly to warmer climes; the crickets harmonizing through the evening hours.
Sights: The glorious, watercolor sunsets of autumn; the first time I see my breath clouding in the morning air; the cold-weather coats coming in on the house rabbits.

IN LIFE
Bible: I'm reading the Book of Hosea and seeing in it so much of our Heavenly Father's love for us, each, individually.
Fiction: Correlating with that, I'm reading Francine Rivers' Redeeming Love, based on Hosea. There is a story to why I'm reading them together - a complete God-incidence. :-)
Nonfiction: Amy Carmichael's Gold by Moonlight. One of my favorite missionaries of the near-past.
Writing: I'm - oh, this is so exciting to my soul! - working on the plot for A Time of Grace, Book 3. :-D
Releasing: This month, All Our Empty Places releases in softcover and on Kindle on Tuesday, September 29, 2015! There will be a grand giveaway and fun posts associated with that, so stay tuned, friends! :-)
Other: I'm starting a "Street Team" over on Facebook - basically, a group of folks who love my novels and want to get the word out about them to others! :-) If you'd like to join, send me a message at aliciagraceroque (at) gmail (dot) com, and I'll get you signed up. :-)

May the Lord bless you and keep you in His love.

Grace and peace,
Alicia


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting ... Feedback is always helpful! {All comments are moderated and may take a short while to display.}